The bridge was erected in the years 1905–1906 as part of the construction of the Jelenia Góra-Żagań line (Bóbr Valley Railway), which was built from 1902. The structure of the bridge is very similar to the bridge in Racławice Śląskie put into operation in 1904: it rests on two concrete and stone pillars, 85 m apart, on which the main part of the bridge rests, riveted, 135 m high parabolic steel truss structure. The total length of the bridge is 151.68 meters and its width is 4 meters.
It is located about 40 m above the bottom of the reservoir, which makes it one of the highest bridges in the country. Initially, the bridge rose over a dry valley that was flooded with water after the opening of the dam in Pilchowice in 1912 the largest stone and concrete dam in Europe at that time, according to the design of prof. Otto Intze. Both investments were related because the dam was supposed to have anti-flood, energy, and tourist functions, and the railway was to provide access to it. The official opening of the bridge took place on November 16, 1912, in the presence of Emperor Wilhelm II. In 2020, after information about plans to use the bridge in the film Mission: Impossible 7, the Foundation undertook to prepare an application for entry in the register of monuments in the emergency regime. In August 2020, the bridge was legally protected by the authority’s decision and saved from destruction.