The station was built in the years 1842-1843 in the Rungbodenstill style. The construction of the station and the entire station infrastructure was related to the construction of the Wrocław – Wałbrzych railway line, the second oldest railway line in today’s Poland. The station and the train station were built in the middle of nowhere, halfway between the two largest cities in the area – Świdnica and Strzegom. A characteristic element of the station were two octagonal towers located in the southern facade of the building (demolished around 1950). The station served its function until the beginning of the 21st century when it was taken out of service and the check-in function was taken over by the freight station building from 1942. The railway station in Jaworzyna Śląska is one of the three oldest preserved railway stations in Poland – apart from the stations in Oława and Wrocław from 1841/1842. Unprotected, it goes into degradation from the moment it is taken out of service.
Jaworzyna Śląska Railway Station
1-ego Maja, 7, Jaworzyna Śląska
58-140, Lower Silesia, Poland